Saturday, January 24, 2009

Campbell Brown Pleasantly Surprised Me

Well, since I called Campbell Brown out for doing something wrong, I want to give her credit for doing something right. President Obama signed a law saying that if you were a lobbyist, you cannot work in his administration in the area you once lobbied for and you can't lobby his administration if you leave your job. Except then he applied for a waiver form his own law because his nominee to be Deputy Defense Secretary used to work for Raytheon, a really big defense contractor. I scoffed that this was politics as usual and I don't have a problem with lobbyists per se, as I think that everyone has a right to petition the government to be heard, but for the new "hope and change" president, this seemed like a really cynical move of "well, the rules apply unless I need them to be broken."

Campbell Brown takes issue with President Obama.

It's not as strongly worded as I would have done it, but at least some person in the MSM noticed and registered disappointment.

No comments: