Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Am I over-analyzing the Stimulus Package situation?

So both Obama and Pelosi SWEAR up-and-down that this stimulus package is absolutely crucial to reparing our damaged economy. They are positive it is the answer to what ails us.

AND they have all the votes they need to pass the bill without any Republican support.

So... why are they refusing to pass it unless they get some support from Republicans?

I would think that if they really are sure it's the solution, that they would be happy to pass it without Republican help and then take all the credit for being the geniuses who fixed the economy once the upswing they SWEAR will result from this bill actually comes around.

If they won't take the plunge alone, I really have no choice but to ask myself if they really think this is the answer or not. Seems to me like they think it will make things worse, but they have to appear to be doing SOMETHING, so they want to pass this with bi-partisan support so they can spread the inevitable blame around and not get creamed in 2010.

Don't know about you, but I plan to spend the day e-mailing every Republican Congressman I can find to tell them to vote NO!

UPDATE: "Not a moment to spare!" Right, right, because if we wait to long, the American people might realize what a lube job this is and say "no friggin' way!"

2 comments:

Thomas M.F. Jefferson said...

Between Nancy Pelosi's statement of "We won the election. We wrote the bill" and President Obama's statement of "I won" and "I'm going to make that stick" why even bother with Republican votes at all? Just pass the bill you wrote Nancy.

George M.F. Washington said...

Because she knows it's a lemon of epic proportions!