Friday, October 23, 2015

Why we lose

Yesterday was fairly depressing. For one thing, Hillary, with the help of her allies in the Press, seems to have skated away from the worst of the Benghazi Committee relatively unscathed, as I suspected she would. But lost in the discussion of did the gun smoke or didn't it, I noticed something...

My Social media feeds are pretty diverse in terms of ideology. I've got Cons, RINOs, Libs, Moderates, and everything in between. And what I noticed as those feeds scrolled by over the course of the day was that while the Right Wing reactions were all over the map (some, like Hugh Hewitt, thought Hillary took it on the chin while others, like Rick Wilson and Byron York, thought the GOP embarrassed themselves) the Liberals in my feeds were marching in absolute lockstep.

On the Left the message discipline was truly extraordinary. No one thought Hillary did anything but drop the mic. You would think based on nothing but the law of averages, that there would have been at least one person willing to say "hey fellas, she might have performed well today, but this hearing certainly showed how sleazy our presumptive nominee is, and that's pretty disconcerting."

But there was none of that. The ability of the entire Left to stay 100% on message is both chilling, and impressive. The Right simply isn't capable of that kind of solidarity. I think it makes us better people. But I also think it's why we lose.

No comments: