Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Self-serving interview of the week

So the father of the Oregon shooter gave an interview where he blamed... shocker... lax gun laws for his son's murderous rampage. Anti-Gun groups like Mom's Demand Action have seized on the interview and are playing the old "absolute moral authority" card... a play not run much since the heady days of Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink.

Anyway let's listen to what this guy has to say for a sec...

OK that's enough. Gee I wonder why he might want us to focus on gun laws. I'm just spit-balling here, but maybe it's because if we focus on the law, we'll be less inclined to ask uncomfortable questions like... hey pal, how did you manage to raise a mass murderer? or... were there any red flags, any signs of mental illness that you missed? And to what extent do you share culpability for all those shattered lives... could you have stopped this?

Instead he asks... "How was my son able to get 13 guns?"

Well hell dude, I dunno... he's your kid, you tell me.


UPDATE: I see Bobby Jindal is making the same point... I always knew Jindal was a smart guy... that's why he follows my lead.

No comments: