Thursday, October 8, 2015

Joaquin V. Katrina: This Time it's Political

So as I watch the disaster recovery in South Carolina, run by the impressive and formidable Governor Nikki Haley*, I can't help but wonder about something.

If it was George Bush's fault that the levees failed in New Orleans, why isn't it Barrack Obama's fault that Dams (DAMS! PLURAL!) failed in South Carolina?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the (R) in front of George Bush's name... nothing at all.

In other news, I see a US air strike went awry and killed a bunch civilians and doctors. Now personally, I think war is an ugly and difficult business and I know that no other country goes out of its way to protect non-combatants like we do... no one else comes close. But despite our best efforts... literally our very best efforts, sometimes things go wrong and innocents are killed. And that is why I have no interest in blaming Obama for this incident... but I will note the fact that some of the same people who used such incidents to suggest that George Bush was an evil warmonger with children's blood on his hands, don't seem to have any interest in tagging Obama here either.**

Strange, that.***




* For fun, contrast Haley's commanding response with the public wailing and gnashing of teeth on display in the wake of Katrina by Governor Kathleen Blanco and NOLA City Mayor Ray Nagin

** Where is Cindy Sheehan these days? I guess now that she's no longer politically useful to the media, they've dropped her like an aging ex-girlfriend. Maybe she'll be back for an exciting return engagement if the GOP wins in 2016.

*** Not really

No comments: