Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Liberal Bias?

Predictably, the New York Times endorsed Senator Barack Obama for President. I provide the link for entertainment purposes because the editorial begins with "Hyperbole is the currency of presidential campaigns, but this year the nation’s future truly hangs in the balance."

And you can guess where it goes from there.

However, what was truly entertaining was the link over to the side with Abraham Lincoln's picture and the caption "New York Times Endorsements Through the Ages."

After I shook my head and chuckled at the antics of editors of the Times for trying to tie the image of President Lincoln to Barack Obama, my curiosity got the better of me and I clicked on the link.

Since 1960, the editors of the New York Times have endorsed every Democratic candidate for president. The last Republican nominee to receive their endorsement was Dwight Eisenhower.

To quote Captain Renault from CASABLANCA "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"

Before all of you retort, "Oh yeah, when was the last time the National Review endorsed a Democrat for President" let me point out that the National Review wears their conservatism on their sleeve and are unapologetic about it.

The New York Times on the other hand, protests that it is neutral and non-partisan.

Me thinks they doth protest too much.

2 comments:

George M.F. Washington said...

"And you can guess where it goes from there"

He fixes the cable?

Thomas M.F. Jefferson said...

Yes he does.