Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ted Kennedy RIP

Ted Kennedy was probably the most influential US Senator ever, with the exception of LBJ.

However, that does not make up for his shortcomings as a human being. Ted Kennedy had a serious problem with alcohol, womanizing, and the truth. One only needs to google "Chappaquiddick Incident" and see what comes up.

But forgiveness is a hallmark of the Catholic faith, and as a fellow Catholic (probably the only thing Ted Kennedy and I had in common), I forgive him for his shortcomings. I hope that he finds some peace in the afterlife, peace which surely seemed to have eluded him in this life.

1 comment:

George M.F. Washington said...

Personally, I would prefer it if that peace included spending eternity with Mary Jo's boot jammed halfway up his ass... but then I'm not a Catholic... :-)