Thursday, December 11, 2008

"I'm sorry but I find your story simply unbelieveable"

"Really?... which part?"

This part.

Obama said "I have never spoken to the Governor about this matter."

Look, I have no doubt, NONE, that Obama had nothing to do with this goofball plot to sell his Senate seat, but is he really asking me to believe that the Democratic President-Elect NEVER spoke to the Democratic Governor of his state about who would succeed him in the Senate.

Please.

Remember, it's not the crime that gets you, it's the cover up, and we've just been lied to by our next President.

Not a good start.

1 comment:

Thomas M.F. Jefferson said...

For guys that are supposed to be really smart, this is not a good way to initially respond to the crisis. I think it is safe to say that Obama was not involved in trying to sell his Senate seat. I believe Obama to be a cold and calculating politician but with a better veneer so that he doesn't appear that way to the outside world. I do not believe him to be a corrupt politician. However, I would like to know who on Obama's staff received the Governor's 'pay for play' offer and a) if that staffer communicated the offer to Obama (from the evidence it seems he didn't); b) how quickly that staffer or Obama phoned the Feds; c) how quickly Obama will fire this staffer for not telling him and/or not phoning the Feds.