Friday, April 24, 2009

The Democrats have a major branding problem

So I was driving around at lunch listening to Mason and Ireland on ESPN radio. Now, I have no idea what Mason and Ireland's politics are, but given that they are media figures in Los Angeles (even if that media is sports talk radio), I think it's safe to assume they are not Republicans.

But anyway... they were having a conversation about Twitter. Nothing political about the conversation at all. Mason was saying he enjoys Twittering to his fans. Ireland took the opposite position, saying he enjoys getting Tweets, but hates actually sending them out.

Mason said "So you're a Democrat?"

Ireland replied "what do you mean?"

"I mean, you like to take but you don't like to give."

And Ireland burst out laughing. And not condescending sarcastic laughter either, this was a big ole rib shaking belly laugh.

If I were a Democrat looking forward to the election, and I heard this exchange, I think I would have felt a little chill crawl down my spine.

2 comments:

Thomas M.F. Jefferson said...

I have heard exchanges between during the days leading up to the 2008 election and the gist of it was Mason was the only other person in LA voting for McCain. And Steve Mason writes on Big Hollywood so I think it's safe to assume he is not a Democrat, or at least not a fan of Obama.

George M.F. Washington said...

I stand corrected